- Kombucha, Kimchi and More: Nutrition Spotlight May 1, 2020Continue Reading
Nutrition Spotlight: Kombucha, Kimchi and More
Researchers continue to examine the trillions of bacterial species residing in our gut microbiome to better understand their potential to help maintain health and prevent disease. Some ...
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, heart ...
- Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat: Meaty Topics March 1, 2020Continue Reading
Meaty Topics: Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat
They’re 2019’s most sizzling success story, found everywhere from grocery freezer to fast food counter. Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat have brought the plant-based burger from ...
- Heart Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes February 20, 2020Continue Reading
In celebration of American Heart Month, please enjoy these delicious heart-healthy recipes below:
- Headaches – Types and Remedies February 1, 2020Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the ...
- Updates on the Coronavirus January 31, 2020Continue Reading
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of the respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus – 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) – first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Some of our patients have been asking about the risk of the coronavirus ...
- Antibiotics: Are You Aware? January 16, 2020Continue Reading
Are You Antibiotics Aware?
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter ...
- Oh, My Aching Head December 4, 2019Continue Reading
Oh, My Aching Head
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human condition since the beginning of time, more than 150 different types of headaches have been identified, ...
- Healthy Holidays to You! December 4, 2019Continue Reading
Healthy Holidays to You!
That delightful period of festivities from holiday dinners through elegant New Year’s brunches can play havoc with even the best of dietary intentions, including your sincere commitment to nutritionally sound plant-based eating. While the average weight gain during the holidays is just ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...